Enter a word or a phrase to search for in the box below, change any options as required, and click "Search".
- Search is case insensitive by default. Check the "Case Sensitive" box to change this.
- Search is for whole words only by default (e.g. "ideal" will only find "ideal" and not "idealism" or idealist"). Uncheck the "Whole Words Only" box to change this.
- Expand a search with a wildcard (*): adding a * to the end of a term will match all endings (e.g. "constructiv*" will match "constructive", "constructivism" and "constructivist" once you have de-selected Whole Words Only).
- Once a search has generated results, there is an option to "Search Within Results" to narrow the search further.
- Add + in front of terms/phrases that must appear in results (or check the "Terms MUST appear" box).
- Add - in front of terms/phrases that must not appear in results.
- Stop-terms (common terms like "it, and, the, that, philosophy", etc) are disallowed by default. Check the "Include Stop-Terms" box to change this.
- The default scope of the search includes the body text, title and meta-description of each page (with the title receiving most weight). Check or uncheck any of the the "Include Matches In" boxes to change this.
- Results are listed by default in order of the number of matches found in each document (rather than the "score", which is the percentage of matching characters). Select from the "Sort By" drop-down box to change this.
- Weights can be applied to influence the results score by adding a number (from 20 to 10000) in angle brackets in front of terms or phrases (e.g. "German <200>Idealism" will give 200 times more weight to "Idealism" than to "German" when it comes to ordering the results).
- Once a search has generated results, there is an option to "Search with Results" to narrow the search further.
- Special characters (e.g. # ! $ % | &, etc) are allowed.
- Accented characters (e.g. ä ß ç é ñ, etc) are treated as English equivalents.